We have been doing some renos around the house for five.long.months.
One of the projects I took on, was the refinishing an old cupboard that was my parents when I was just a wee one. I inherited this cabinet about 30 years ago and the hubs restained it once about 18 years ago, but it was definitely in need of being refreshed again. I packed up all the contents, hauled it out to the garage, took it all apart - literally, stripped off the old finish, sanded it down, had part of the bottom drawer rebuilt, cut new shelves, sanded & painted them & the rest of the interior tan & painted the whole exterior red, antiqued it, put on a clear top coat for durability, put in a little light to illuminate the top shelf, & put on a new back. Voila, after many hours of tender loving care, it has been re~made by marie~, with help gratefully provided by boo boo, the hubs & some fine oak market carpenter.
Here it is once again ~ empty, but renewed & about to be refilled. Oh, it feels so good to almost be done the renos...

No comments:
Post a Comment